This workshop will provide students the skills to effectively use Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing photographs. We will be studying the history of photography, introductory photography theory, and the technological aspects of cameras and Photoshop software. Students will leave the workshop with a better understanding of their equipment and the software to process their images.
- History of Photography, Basic Theory,
- Introduction to the photo essay format
- Photoshop Basics
- Camera Basics: shooting in raw, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, etc.
2 week break: creation and selection of images for photo essay. During the 2 week break, the teacher and students remain in contact through Sur Place’s online platform, the Rink.
- In class feedback period
- Troubleshooting technological issues
- Final presentation of photo essay
- Next steps: Using Photoshop beyond the workshop
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wednesday, Nov 6, 6:30-9:00pm
- 2 week break: Independent project work.**
- Wednesday, Nov 27, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wednesday, Dec 4, 6:30-9:00pm
** During the 2 week break, the teacher and students remain in contact through Sur Place’s online platform, the Rink.
Tegan Bowers is a Tiohtiá:ke/Montreal based artist and designer working in photography, illustration, publication design, and performance. Tegan’s work is humorous, absurd, and saturated with a focus on the cacophonous/harmonious possibilities of art and design. https://www.teganbowers.com/