5585 Avenue du Parc
Montréal, QC H2V 4H2, Montréal
QC H2V 4H2
This workshop will help you identify your shooting strengths and get you started on creating your own image bank so you can start selling your photos and videos online. Whether you are interested in selling on microstock sites or other outlets or just getting your creative work under control, this workshop will help you develop your personal workflow and editing skills to make that possible.
Jeannette will share her own experiences with stock footage and photography as well as leading practical hand’s on activities. Together we’ll identify your strengths and develop your talents to be able to share your work more widely. While selling stock photos and videos is unlikely to provide a full-time income, you will develop new digital skills that will allow you to pursue flexible, creative part-time work you can easily do at home whenever it suits you.
Bilingual instruction possible, French speaking participants welcome.
Schedule (4 sessions)
- Tuesday, March 10, 7:00-9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 17, 7:00-9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 24, 7:00-9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 31, 7:00-9:00pm
Lesson one :
- Identifying what photos or footage to shoot and sell
- Photo editing and keywording exercises
- Build a light tent
- Photo shoot of small objects
- Assigment: create a small batch of images or footage for your image bank
- Hand’s on preparation of batch of images or footage
- Neighbourhood photo shoot
- Creating a workflow model
- Submission to sales outlets
- Brainstorming future ideas
Jeannette Lambert is a multi-media artist who works with photography, video and music. She studied film at York University and worked at one of the first stock film footage agencies in Canada. She’s a jazz vocalist and pursues photography part-time. She has been shooting and selling her stock photos online for over a decade. http://www.shutterstock.com/g/nettestock